Share with your friends

Share/Bookmark

Friday, February 26, 2010

American Idol results show recap, semifinals top 24 to 20c


First out: Janell Wheeler, the sweet wine rep. She is not a bad singer. While she wasn’t even in the neighborhood of Carly Smithson singing Heart, she held her own.

In fact, I thought she was middle of the pack, not someone who would get axed.
Second gal gone: Ashley Rodriguez had some early appeal with the “Idol” producers and judges but she went big and failed big with a relatively obscure Leona Lewis
http://i28.tinypic.com/2ywcsbq.jpg
song Tuesday. Her verses aren’t bad but her chorus and runs were still horrible, post-elimination. Her end note was better than Tuesday, at least.
First guy ousted: Joe Munoz, who was ignored by ‘Idol” producers until last night. He wasn’t half bad but I guess he didn’t leave enough of an impression either. I feel bad for the guy. I could see some potential there.
Second guy done: Tyler Grady. He was the ’70s rocker wannabe with not a scintilla of genuineness to him. And then he threw the judges under the bus after getting eliminated, saying they didn’t give him enough constructive criticism during Hollywood week.
My predictions were Tim Urban, Paige Miles, Lacey Brown and Tyler. I only got one out of four right.
I’m going to miss Joe and Janelle. Both certainly deserved another shot over other contestants.
There were 24 million votes cast last night. I’d have to check if that’s much different from a year ago but it’s hard to compare because they were using the top 36 set up. I doubt it’s a record for the semifinals, else Ryan would have said so.
Allison Iraheta, who is signed to 19 Entertainment, got to sing “Scars,” her latest single. I’m not sure if it’s going to do well since her first single stiffed, but you never know. I’m rooting for her. She was a great singer from day one and clearly has a future.
Kris Allen talked about Haiti and did a cover of “Let It Be,” reminding us a bit why we voted for him.
The group sing used a song heard during Hollywood week: Estelle’s fetching “American Boy.” But it sounded lip synced and nobody sang a solo. It was just harmonies galore. Good harmonies, for sure, but I would prefer to hear some solo lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share

Share/Bookmark

paid to permote banner

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner